3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 cup onion, diced
1 28 oz. can tomatoes
5 beef bouillon cubes
1/4 c. fresh or 2 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. salt
2 medium zucchini, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
2 small turnips, diced
3 stalks celery, sliced
5 cups water
8 oz. lentils
1/4 tsp. pepper
Put everything in crock pot except zucchini. Set on high for 2 hours or low for 8 hours. Add zucchini at the end, cook for another 30 min (if on high) or 1 hour (if on low). Serves 12.
*You can add beef soup bones to this if you want - about 2 lbs. Add with the other ingredients. Then, before serving, cut the beef off the bones and cut meat into chunks, returning to the soup.
Lentils are full of iron, protein, and fiber. I love them! I should have a section in my cookbook just for lentils. If anyone has any good recipes with lentils, please share them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thanks for posting this recipe, Robyn! I made it when you posted it on your blog and loved it.
Post a Comment