1 lb ground beef
1 can (46 oz) V8 juice (low-sodium, if you want)
1 envelope onion soup mix (sometimes I use only half the envelope)
1 package frozen mixed vegetables
1 can kidney beans, or any kind you want.
(I sometimes omit the beef and just use beans.)
In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the V8 juice, soup mix, and mixed vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6 minutes until vegetables are tender. You can also add noodles, if you want. Just add them after the vegetables have cooked for a couple minutes. We like ABC, spiral, or elbow macaroni.
Serves 8.
(This is a revised recipe that I got from my friend, Christine. Our whole family LOVES it. It is the fastest soup you will ever make!)
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I made this last night and it was yummy. Jens gave it a thumbs up. I omitted the hamburger and added pasta like you suggested. Great substution.
Jamie, me again
I didn't have V8 so I got on line and they suggested a can a tomato paste to 4 cups of water and then add salt to taste.
Post a Comment