From Scott Jurek's book Eat and Run
1/2 cup raw cacao nibs (I've used powdered cocoa, just add extra coconut oil.)
1/2 cup raw cashews (almonds also work)
8 medium dates, pitted
1 tsp mesquite powder (I have never used this)
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp raw vanilla powder or extract
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (or more, if you want a good kick)
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 tsp raw coconut oil (warmed to liquid consistency)
Combine all the ingredients, except the coconut oil, in a food processor and process for 3 to 5 minutes. (My Ninja is my BEST FRIEND for this recipe!) Chop until you have a fine consistency. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl. Add the coconut oil and stir until well combined. Form into 1-inch balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes, then transfer to an airtight container. The balls will keep for two weeks, refrigerated.
(I always double this recipe.)
Sunday, February 10, 2013
Xocolatl (SHOCK-o-lat) Energy Balls
Labels:
cookies,
dates,
dessert,
healthy,
raw,
snack,
vegan,
vegetarian,
whole food
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment