Sunday, October 25, 2009

Apple Bundt Cake


1¼ hours | 20 min prep

SERVES 12

2 cups apples, peeled, cored and diced
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups all-purpose flour (I used 2 c wheat flour, 1 c white)
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar (I used 1 1/2 c.)
1 cup vegetable oil (I used 1/2 c applesauce, 1/2 c oil)
1/4 cup orange juice
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 cup chopped walnuts (I left out the nuts)
powdered sugar, for decoration
all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix apples, cinnamon and sugar, set aside.
Mix all the rest of the ingredients, mix well.
Grease bundt pan.
Add 1/3 of batter mixture to the pan.
Sprinkle half of the apple mixture over the batter then follow with 1/3 batter, and then add rest of apples and top with rest of batter.
Bake for 55- 60 minutes.

I've been making this recipe for a year now and keep forgetting to post it. It is so yummy! Just make sure to not over-bake it. I would check it at 45 minutes.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hey, you did post this already:) I actually made it last week, my mom used to always make this but we called it Jewish Apple Cake it's the same recipe!