INGREDIENTS:
*3 1/2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
*1/3 cup diced celery
*1 cup corn- I used frozen corn
*1/3 cup finely chopped onion
*3/4 cup diced ham- I don't like ham nor do I ever have it on hand so I used 4 slices of cooked turkey bacon
*3 1/4 cups water
*2 Tbls chicken bullion granules- I can't have most chicken bullion because of MSG so I used Celery Salt, which is what i use when I make homemade chicken noodle soup and it worked great
*5 Tbls butter
*5 Tbls flour
*2 cups of Milk
DIRECTIONS:
1. Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, ham(or bacon), and water in a pot. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes. Stir in the chicken bullion (or celery salt) and whatever salt and pepper you want.
* We have a gas stove so it only took about 10 minutes to cook for us.
2. In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk as not to allow lumps to form. Continue to stir over medium heat until thick- 4 to five minutes.
3. Stir the milk mixture into the stock pot and cook soup until heated. Serve immediately.
SOOOO GOOD!! And it really only took maybe a total of 20 minutes to make. In fact I am done eating and I still have 30 minutes until class starts. This is a great, quick soup to make.
*3 1/2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
*1/3 cup diced celery
*1 cup corn- I used frozen corn
*1/3 cup finely chopped onion
*3/4 cup diced ham- I don't like ham nor do I ever have it on hand so I used 4 slices of cooked turkey bacon
*3 1/4 cups water
*2 Tbls chicken bullion granules- I can't have most chicken bullion because of MSG so I used Celery Salt, which is what i use when I make homemade chicken noodle soup and it worked great
*5 Tbls butter
*5 Tbls flour
*2 cups of Milk
DIRECTIONS:
1. Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, ham(or bacon), and water in a pot. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes. Stir in the chicken bullion (or celery salt) and whatever salt and pepper you want.
* We have a gas stove so it only took about 10 minutes to cook for us.
2. In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk as not to allow lumps to form. Continue to stir over medium heat until thick- 4 to five minutes.
3. Stir the milk mixture into the stock pot and cook soup until heated. Serve immediately.
SOOOO GOOD!! And it really only took maybe a total of 20 minutes to make. In fact I am done eating and I still have 30 minutes until class starts. This is a great, quick soup to make.

No comments:
Post a Comment