1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c shortening
2 t. vanilla
4 c. flour
2t. baking powder
1 t. soda
1 t. salt
2/3 c. milk
Cream sugar, eggs, shortening and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients, then add to creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
You will need to knead in a little extra flour until the dough is not too sticky. Roll out on a floured surface 1/4" thick and cut out.
Bake at 425 for 8 minutes. Do not let the cookies get too brown or they will not be soft.
Frost with your choice of frosting.
These sugar cookies are just like the Lofthouse brand sugar cookies. Sooo yummy! I go this recipe from my friend, Heather.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
My very favorite sugar cookie recipe. We make them every year for Valentine's Day. My kids were asking about them a couple of days ago.
Oh man!! Jamie these turned out fabulous I love love love the recipe. I also found the PERFECT frosting recipe to go with them...yummy!
Post a Comment