Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Asian Cabbage Salad


1 small head cabbage (I used 1/2 head of Napa cabbage)
1 pkg. chicken Ramen Noodles, crushed (reserve seasoning packet)
1 bunch green onions sliced
1/2 c. sliced almonds, toasted
2 T sesame seeds, toasted
Option: Add 2 cups diced, cooked chicken.

Dressing:
3 T seasoned rice vinegar
1/2 c. oil
1 T sugar
1 package of chicken Ramen seasoning
1/2 tsp. pepper

Shred cabbage and combine with onions, crushed noodles, sesame seeds, and almonds. For dressing, mix together rice vinegar, oil, and sugar in a blender/small food processor to create an emersion. Add Ramen seasoning and pepper. Add dressing to cabbage mixture just before serving.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Yum, I love these kinds of salads! I also love cabbage and don't know what to do with it. Thanks for posting this.

michelle said...

I have this recipe, too, and forgot about it! I love this salad.

2-Fold said...

We all LOVED it. Thanks for posting, the only thing we did different is put a little more vinegar and a little less oil, we like things a little more tart rather than oily.