1 16-oz package Silken Lite Firm Tofu
2 cups canned pumpkin
2/3 cup honey or agave nectar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 T Pumpkin pie spice
OR
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 unbaked 9" pastry crust
Drain tofu and blend in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add remaining ingredients; blend well. Pour into unbaked pie crust. Bake in preheated 350F oven for about 1 hour. Filling will be soft, but will firm as it cools. Chill and serve.
(I was so excited to try this recipe and even more excited with the results! It really is very similar to pumpkin pie, just much lighter. I am so excited to make this for my dad, since he is allergic to eggs and hasn't had pumpkin pie for over 30 years!)
2 cups canned pumpkin
2/3 cup honey or agave nectar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 T Pumpkin pie spice
OR
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 unbaked 9" pastry crust
Drain tofu and blend in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add remaining ingredients; blend well. Pour into unbaked pie crust. Bake in preheated 350F oven for about 1 hour. Filling will be soft, but will firm as it cools. Chill and serve.
(I was so excited to try this recipe and even more excited with the results! It really is very similar to pumpkin pie, just much lighter. I am so excited to make this for my dad, since he is allergic to eggs and hasn't had pumpkin pie for over 30 years!)
Don't be intimidated by the title of this recipe. It really is super delicious!

1 comment:
A girl after my own heart! I love that you made this with tofu. You know I am going to have to try it. Did I ever tell you about the tofu cheesecake I took to my family's Thanksgiving dinner? I still haven't lived it down. Maybe next year I will try and fool them with this!!
Post a Comment