Hi Everyone. I'm Sheree. I've known Jamie since we lived on the same street from the age of 4. We became good friends at about 10. I live in [rural] Lebanon, CT with my husband, Jason, and my infant son, Jackson. We are dreaming the country life with 13 wooded acres, dogs, cats, and a handful of chickens--blue egg layers, of course. I'm an aerospace engineer by day.
When I cook, I try to use the freshest ingredients and I favor whole grains, fresh herbs, healthy oils, and organic where available and reasonably priced. I'm trying to adapt to a "buy local" philosophy, but its hard to always find local.
My cooking style is pretty free and loose. I came from a home where the recipes were printed in pencil on the back of old envelopes and crammed into a folder. The index system required remembering what color of ink on which oddly shaped piece of paper the recipe was on when you made it last. My mother is a phenomenal cook, so I emulate her system. I don't bake much, so precision isn't important. When you make my recipes, feel free to add, subtract, and embellish. Most of all--"enjoy it."
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay Sheree! Welcome to the recipe blog. Thanks so much for contributing! I can't wait to try them. ♥
Post a Comment