Monday, October 29, 2007

Carmel Corn (in the microwave!)


1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. corn syrup (can use light or dark)
1/2 c. butter
1/2 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1 t. vanilla
4 quarts popped popcorn
1 brown paper grocery bag.

Cook sugar, syrup, butter, and salt for 2 minutes on HIGH in a microwave save dish. (I just use a big pyrex measuring cup.) Boil for 4 minutes.
(You will really have to watch it so it doesn't boil over. I try to use an 8 cup measuring cup to give ample room for the syrup mixture to grow. I also put my microwave on power level 5. This keeps it at a boil, but prevents it from boiling over.)
Add vanilla and soda.
Put popcorn in brown paper bag. Pour syrup mixture over popcorn and stir.
Put paper bag in microwave and cook for 45 seconds. Shake. Cook for 45 more seconds.
Spread on a cookie sheet to cool.

1 comment:

2-Fold said...

I love this! It's so easy and very yummy. Connor and Logan are big fans. They love to watch the popcorn pop from the popper. Thanks for posting. :D