3 Cups Flour
1 Tsp (or so) Salt
1 Tsp (or so) Baking Powder
2 Tbsp (golf ball sized) soft butter
1/4 Cup Oil (I prefer olive but some find the taste too strong)
1 Cup Warm Water
Mix the dry ingredients together. Cut in the butter so that it's thoroughly mixed. Add oil and mix well (flour mixture should be a little clumpy at this point). Add water mix thoroughly into dough. Knead thoroughly and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide dough into golf ball size pieces and roll out as thin as desired. Please note that they'll never be perfectly round. Cook on high heat on a cast iron griddle (crepe or other flat pan will work if necessary). Flip when tortilla begins to bubble (10-20 seconds). Remove soon after flipping. Stack on top of each other and cover with towel to keep moist.
*I stumbled upon this recipe while searching the web for some fresh tortillas, just like at Cafe Rio. It came from this blog and, I must say, these tortillas are to. die. for. And they really aren't hard at all.
I will never eat packaged tortilla shells again.

No comments:
Post a Comment