Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup

1 TB Butter

1/2 medium onion

1/4 C melted butter

1/4 C flour

2 C 1/2 & 1/2

2 C chicken broth

1/2 pound broccoli cut into little pieces

1 C carrots, chopped fine

1/4 tsp nutmeg

8 oz or 2 C grated cheddar cheese

Directions:


1. Saute chopped onion in 1 TB butter set aside

2. Cook 1/4 C melted butter and flour with a wire whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minute. Stir constantly and add 1/2 & 1/2.

3. Add chicken stock

4. Add broccoli, carrots and onions. Cook over low heat 20-25 minutes

5. Add salt pepper return to heat and add cheese, stir in nutmeg.


I got this recipe from my friend, Vicki. It is amazing. . . and so easy!

2 comments:

Sheree said...

Thanks for posting this. I loooove Panera's Broccoli Cheddar soup.

Sheree said...

Making this now. I only have frozen veggies, so I'm subbing a bag of California mix (broccoli, cauliflower, & carrots) and reducing cooking time to 10 minutes. The soup is so flavorful I can eat it even without the cheese. Yumm!