Friday, August 7, 2009

Vegetable Paella




6 tbsp olive oil
1 spanish onion
3 garlic cloves
1 red bell pepper
1 large eggplant
1 package of saffron rice
2 1/2 vegetable stock
1 large can of stewwed tomatoes
4 oz mushrooms
4 oz green beans
14 oz chick peas
Heat oil over medium. Add onion and cook for 5 mins. Add garlic, bell peppers, and eggplant and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute, or until the grains are well coated in oil.
Stir in the stock, tomatoes and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover.
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer, stir occsionally for 15 minutes.
Stir in mushrooms, green beans, and chick peas. Cook for additional 10 minutes

I stole this from my sister in law's blog. It looks so yummy!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I always wondered what paella was... I'll have to try this. thanks

Robyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.