Saturday, April 18, 2009

Turkey Burgers with tomato corn salsa

Salsa: 12 cherry tomatoes finely chopped
1/2 t salt
1/2 cup cooked fresh corn or thawed frozen corn
1 T lime juice
1 clove garlic minced
1 T chopped cilantro

Mix it all together season with additional salt and pepper to taste. ( I threw everything except the corn in the food processor and pulsed it until I liked the consistency then stirred in the corn.)

Burgers:
1 small onion finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper finely chopped
1 T creole seasoning
1 t salt
1 lb. ground turkey

Saute the onion and pepper until soft. Combine turkey, veggies, seasoning, salt. Season with some pepper. Shape patties. Cook on grill or skillet. Top burgers with tomato corn salsa. ( I also cut up a few slices of avocado and added them on top of the salsa)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Those sound really good!