
1 tbs. olive oil
1 medium green pepper chopped
1 medium onion chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
2 cans Mexican style tomatoes (undrained)
1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed
1 can of corn drained
2 1/2 cups of water
1 cup uncooked rice
2 tbs. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
Heat oil in saucepan, add green pepper, onion and garlic cook until tender. Add rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil and simmer 30 minutes.
I used diced tomatoes with jalapeno peppers for some extra spice. I also used quick cook brown rice. Top with cheddar cheese or sour cream. Enjoy!
(You can also substitute quinoa for the rice.)

3 comments:
Thanks for sharing, Ashley. It was delicious. I can't wait to make it, but I think I might try quinoa instead of rice, to see how it turns out. My box of quinoa says it is interchangable, so we'll see how it goes. It could just end up as another food experiment gone bad.
Thanks for the recipe!
I'll definitely be making this very soon! I am a little obsessed with soups. It sounds great.
Ok, I did make this and it was so delicious! I added 1/2 cup rinsed quinoa and 1/2 cup brown rice (in place of 1 cup rice.) This one is a keeper.
Post a Comment