1 cup quinoa
1 1/2 T. oil
1/2 onion, diced
1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
1/2 green chile, finely chopped
1 heaping tsp. tumeric
1 heaping tsp. coriander
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 3/4 c. water
1/2 c. frozen peas (I used peas/carrots mix, but you could add any vegetable)
1. Rinse quinoa well with cold water.
2. Put oil in saucepan or skillet that has a lid. Saute onions on medium high for a few minutes.
3. Add ginger, chile, and quinoa
4. Cook for one minute stirring constantly. White spiral will form around quinoa as it cooks
5. Add tumeric, coriander, cinnamon, and salt. Cook for one minute stirring constantly
6. Add water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes
7. Add peas. Cover and cook 5 minutes, or until peas are soft and water is absorbed.
8. Fluff with fork and serve. Makes about 6 servings
If anyone else has any quinoa recipes, please post them. It's loaded with protein and so easy to make, I want some more ideas! I am especially interested in adding this to my food storage since it's a good meat replacer. On the subject, does anyone have any recipes using TVP?
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yay, I have been looking for some good recipes with quinoa. I have just bought the processed box stuff, so am excited to try something on my own. Thanks for sharing!
I don't have any recipes using TVP, but have considered just adding it to ground turkey, etc, for tacos and other stuff like that where I know the boys won't notice it.
Post a Comment