1/2 Cup butter
1 3/4 C sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
2 1/2 C flour
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
2 C peeled, shredded zucchini
1/2 C Coconut Oil (melted)
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup sour milk (I use 1/2 cup coconut milk and 1/2 tsp vinegar)
4 Tablespoons cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp
Topping: 1/4 cup or more Choc. Chips, 1/4 chopped nuts, 1/4 cup brown sugar.
Cream margarine and sugar. Add eggs and Vanilla; beat well. Add dry ingredients alternately with sour milk and oil. Mix in zucchini. Spread in a 9x13 inch pan and top with topping.Bake at 325 for 40-45 minutes. Cake is ready to eat when cool.
This cake is so simple and so delicious, I even got a compliment from my mother-in-law the last time I made it, so I know it's a keeper :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Did I share this recipe with you, or do we coincidentally have the same recipe?
I made this last weekend, trying to use up the zucchini. Best cake ever!! I brought a piece in for a coworker, and it was gone as soon as I left his desk. He came by right after to rave about it.
My dog ate a piece too (wretched devil!) but she agrees with the fantasticness that is this cake.
Post a Comment