Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Berry Smoothie



This is a fast and easy smoothie for a great breakfast! I got the recipe from a girl in my ward at church. Even my kids will drink it, and I don't even hide the spinach :-) I love it!

Ingredients:
Washed spinach- fill the blender more than 1/2 full without packing it down
1-2 bananas
1- 1 1/2 cups frozen berries (I use the triple berry mix from Costco)
100% juice, to desired thickness (I use about 1 cup, usually apple juice)
Ice- about 7-8 pieces

Put ingredients in blender. I start with the juice and spinach, blending it up well. Then I add the berries and mix a little bit, slowly adding bananas and ice. Just FYI, I have tried it without the banana and the spinach was pretty strong. I have done it once with only 1/2 a banana and it was ok, but just not as good.

2 comments:

Donsher said...

Sounds yummy. has anyone ever tried a Juicer? What is a good brand?

Jamie said...

Yum! Looks so good! I've never used a juicer, but I do need to get a new blender.