Salad:
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp taco seasoning (my simplification of the five ingredients in the original)
1 pound skinned, boned chicken breast -- cut into thin strips
Cooking spray
6 c shredded romaine lettuce
1 c sliced red onion - separated into rings
1/2 c shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
1 (15-ounce) can black beans - rinsed and drained
1 c grape tomatoes, halved
Creamy Cilantro-Lime Sauce:
1/2 c fat-free sour cream
1/2 c fat-free mayonnaise
1/3 cup skim milk
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 large garlic cloves -- minced
Directions:
Combine olive oil and taco seasoning in a medium bowl. Add chicken; toss to coat. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Add chicken mixture; sauté 8 minutes or until chicken is done. Set aside.
Divide lettuce and next 5 ingredients (lettuce through tomato) among bowls; top with chicken mixture.
To make Creamy Cilantro-Lime Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a small food processor (the original said to whisk it, but when using fat-free ingredients, I've found the food processor works much better to get that cream consistency). Cover sauce and chill. It tastes better on the 2nd day, so make it the night before if you can. The flavor is great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I made this salad for a dinner w/Andy's family. I swapped green onions and red peppers in place of the purple onion (because I didn't have one on hand.)
Delicious!
Post a Comment