Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Healthy Garden Salad


5T red wine vinegar
3T Olive Oil
2 limes, juiced
3/4 t. salt
1t of sugar(I use honey)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 16oz bag of frozen edamame
3 cups of frozen corn
4 green onions, chopped
1 15oz can of black beans
1 pt of grape tomatoes

Combine the first 7 ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside. Cook soybeans in boiling water for 3 minutes, add frozen corn and boil for another minute. Drain and rinse well. Combine soybeans mixture, dressing, onion, beans and tomatoes in serving bowl. Gently mix and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Sometimes I had either kidney beans or garbanzo beans. The recipe also calls for 1/3 cup of fresh cilantro if you like.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you posted this recipe, Tiffany. It was so yummy at that family dinner. I can't wait to try it!

Jamie said...

I would definitely add the fresh cilantro. It mixes with the lime juice....so yummy!